To staunch the spread of COVID-19, Vietnam is only allowing entry to those foreign experts, and those travelling for official or diplomatic purposes, who must undergo medical checks and quarantine at their own cost upon arrival in Vietnam.
For international travellers, you’ll require to have “VACCINE PASSPORT” this November and other documents, follow up the LASTEST UPDATE ON OUR FRONT PAGE.
Belows are visa information update as of May 2020.
All visitors travel to Phu Quoc Island can stay in the island up to 30 days without a visa. Below are helpful knowledge you should know beforehand.
IMPORTANT: If you land at another international airport of Vietnam first then take a connecting flight to Phu Quoc, you are required to stay in transit area then takes the flight to Phu Quoc airport in the same day.
Requirements to stay in Phu Quoc Island for 30 days without a visa:
- Passport must be valid for more than 06 months from the date of entry. Important!
- Stay on the island for less than 30 days
- Show your return ticket to and from Phu Quoc International Airport
- You have not violated Vietnam’s immigration laws before.
- Not on Interpol’s offence list.
So, how to get into the ISLAND WITH YOUR VISA EXEMPTION?
1. Direct flight to Phu Quoc International Airport. MOST CONVENIENT WAY.
Upon arrival, you should present:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months from the entry date to Vietnam
- Show your return ticket to and from Phu Quoc International Airport. PRINT IT OUT.
* Below are some airlines provide the direct flights to Phu Quoc International Airport:
|Airlines||Airport of Departure|
|AirAsia||Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)|
|Bangkok Airways||Suvarnabhumi – Bangkok (Thailand)|
|China Southern Airlines||Guangzhou (China)|
|Okay Airways||Nanning (China)|
|Qingdao Airlines||Qingdao (China)|
|VietJet Air||Hong Kong (Hong Kong – China), Seoul–Incheon (Korea South)|
|Vietnam Airlines||Shanghai-Pudong (China), Wenzhou (China)|
2. Connecting flight to Phu Quoc International Airport
Transit or connecting flight to Phu Quoc airport from any international airport of Vietnam must depart IN SAME DAY and you have to stay in the transit area for connecting flight to Phu Quoc.
Entry procedures & relevant documents to be provided at Vietnam Immigration:
- Arrive at one of 8 Vietnam International Airports:
- Go directly to the passport control counter (Passport control / Immigration check-in)
- Present your passport (valid for at least 6 months from the entry date to Vietnam) and full return air ticket which’s only to & from Phu Quoc Island less than 30 days.
- The officer will check and issue the entry for visa-free into your passport.
- Receive passport back (with free 30-day visa stamp inside)
- Then go to the baggage carousel to pick up your luggage (If any)
- Find the way to the domestic terminal to take the trip to Phu Quoc (Contact airport ground staff for directions to the domestic terminal).
- Get in the domestic terminal for the next flight to Phu Quoc Island.
* Currently, there are 5 airlines in Vietnam providing flights to Phu Quoc Island from the domestic terminal.
|Airlines||Airport of Departure (City)|
|Pacific Airlines||Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh|
|VietJet Air||Hai Phong, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh|
|Vietnam Airlines||Can Tho, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh|
|Viettravel Airlines||Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh|
Helpful tips & experiences to save MONEY on your upcoming trips in Phu Quoc island.