– Passengers departing or connecting from 17 cities in 1 countries: Beijing, Guangzhou (China), Tokyo (Japan), Seoul (Korea), Taipei (Taiwan – China), Bangkok (Thailand), Singapore, Vientiane (Laos), Phnom Penh (Cambodia), San Francisco/Los Angeles (USA), Melbourne/Sydney (Australia), Frankfurt (Germany), London (United Kingdom), Paris (France), Moscow (Russia) (the list continues to be updated at the request of the authorities) power).
– For foreign passengers, overseas Vietnamese and their relatives with all valid documents as prescribed (permanent residence card, temporary residence card, visa, visa exemption certificate are still valid) are permitted to entry Vietnam.
– The above-mentioned passengers do not need to redo procedures for personnel inspection, visa issuance / visa exemption certificate and do not need to apply for approval of the immigration policy at the local level.
– These regulations take effect from January 18, 2022.
Request tests and vaccinations
Before entering Vietnam
• Test negative for Covid-19 by RT-PCR/RT-LAM method within 72 hours from sample collection/or sample analysis to the time of entry into Vietnam. Connecting passengers with extended journey times should be especially careful, as they will not be allowed to enter the country after 72 hours. This test does not apply to children under 2 years of age.
• Certificate of vaccination/vaccine passport or certificate of recovery from Covid-19 (Foreign certification refer to the regulations on the website of the Consular Department)
• For guests who have not had enough vaccinations or have not had a certificate of recovery (including children under 12 years old): Must have a confirmation of hotel reservation according to the list of local quarantine conditions (minimum 7 days) or Certificate of eligibility for facilities and equipment to ensure medical isolation at home, certified by the Chairman of the ward/commune People’s Committee (specified in document 5599/BYT-MT dated 14/7) 2021 of the Ministry of Health).
After entering Vietnam
• Passengers departing from a country where the Omicron mutation has been recorded needs to take a quick Covid-19 test after getting off the plane (passengers’ own expense);
• After entry, all passengers need to do RT-PCR test as follows:
|Group of passengers||Request a test|
|Passengers who have had the full dose of vaccine or recovered from Covid-19||One time test on the third day from the date of entry|
|Passengers who have not been vaccinated or have received insufficient doses of the vaccine||Tested twice on the third and seventh day from the date of entry|
Passengers who are Vietnamese citizens, Vietnamese residing overseas and their relatives (spouse, children) who have not been vaccinated or have not had enough doses of the vaccine will be vaccinated (free of charge) during quarantine period (if eligible).
|Group of passengers||Requires isolation|
|Passengers who have received the full dose of vaccine or have recovered from illness||• Self-monitor health at the place of residence (house, hotel, motel, etc.) within 03 days from the date of entry, do not contact other people, do not leave the place of residence.|
• After the RT-PCR test is negative, continue to monitor health until the end of 14 days from the date of entry
|Passengers who have not been vaccinated or have received insufficient doses of the vaccine||• Isolation at the place of residence for 07 days from the date of entry. After having a negative RT-PCR test result, continue to monitor health until the end of 14 days from the date of entry.|
|Passengers under 18 years old or 65 years or older, pregnant women, people with underlying medical conditions (but not monitored or treated at a medical facility)||• Isolate with parent/caregiver.|
• Parents/caregivers must have had the full dose of vaccine or have recovered from the disease and signed a commitment to voluntarily isolate themselves with passengers under 18 or 65 years of age or older.
• Passengers of foreign nationality make medical declarations and monitor their health through the IGOVN application.
• Passengers of Vietnamese nationality make medical declarations and monitor their health through the PC-COVID application.
• Passengers entering Vietnam at Tan Son Nhat International Airport make medical declarations at tokhaiyte.vn.
Please scan the QR code to download the IGOVN and PC-COVID apps here.
Other information– Conditions for receiving a full dose of vaccine or recovering from Covid-19 disease:
• The last dose administered within at least 14 days and not more than 12 months by the time of entry and have a Certificate of Vaccination/vaccine passport recognized by Vietnam (or certified by a competent authority if that type of certification has not been recognized in Vietnam);
• Have a certificate of positive test by RT-PCR, form no more than 6 months from the time of entry and have a certificate of recovery from Covid-19 disease or an equivalent document issued by a competent authority in countries/territories for Covid-19 treatment.
– Check and recognize Certificate of Immunization, Certificate of having recovered from Covid-19:
• Certificate of vaccination/Certificate of recovery from illness abroad: follow the instructions of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
• Certificate of vaccination/Certificate of cure in Vietnam: follow the guidance of the Ministry of Health.
– Passengers on entry must pay for tests, medical isolation, medical examination and treatment and other related expenses (if any). – Some information related to passengers entering on regular international flights is as follows:
• Regarding to passengers who connect from domestic to international flights: according to the regulations of the Medical Quarantine department, passengers are allowed to take their domestic flights immediately after completing the international flights, no need to quarantine at Hanoi or Hochiminh city.
• For passengers who are foreigners and Vietnamese people holding foreign passports, in case they have wishes or problems with applying for a Vietnam entry permit, they can contact us at the following clues:
+ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
+ Guide, answer procedures for entry, exit and residence of foreigners: email@example.com
+ Guide and answer entry and exit procedures of Vietnamese citizens: firstname.lastname@example.org
+ Phone: 02438260114/ 02438264026 (HN)/ 028.39200365 (HCMC)
+ Procedures for applying for an entry permit can be found at the website: https://xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn